Ticker

Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Diets

So I have done them all well feels like it.  I never really had a weight issue until my 3rd child was around 4 months old.  That is when I noticed no matter what I was gaining weight!!  I did Weight Watchers...I lost 5lbs over a whole month which quickly and then some found its way back to me after I got discouraged and quit.  Never did Jenny Craig figured it was another WW.  I excersized daily, took walks with the kids, ate healthy, bike rides, nothing was working.  I tried OTC stuff for weightloss, Slimfast you name it.  Still weight kept slowly coming on.  I was told my thyroid was enlarged after my 2nd pregnancy...tests normal and again after my 3rd pregnancy....again normal.  I was never given what normal was just normal.  I had 2 more blood tests done every couple years as the weight was ever slowly gaining.  My doctors suggestion put the normal amount on my plate and split in half and save it for another meal.  What he wasn't listening to or understanding is there wasn't much to separate.  I didn't go back even though I had loved this doctor for giving birth to my last 2 kids I felt dumbed down at this point.  I already had a serious distrust in doctors due to my first delivery (LONG story that I won't bore you with).  I started looking at natural routes for healing.

By this time we had internet and I was reading what I could trying this MLM company or that one that promised their product worked.  Finally I went to a chiropractor...won one of those free drawings for a free massage and first visit.  Had a body scan that showed my thyroid off the charts in the black!!  They had a natural thyroid for me to try.  I started feeling better.  Not so fatigued (had chalked that up to weight gain), my hair fell out less the list goes on.  However the weightloss journey continues.  I lose a little gain it back + and this continues over and over and over.  I just have never figured out exactly what is helping during the weightloss times.  I know eating no more than 1200 calories helps tremendously, I stay away from foods that make the thyroid sluggish, I don't excersize as much as maybe as I should in fact winters are very difficult to move most days.  My joints hurt so bad.  Normally in the spring I have motivation to get out and go for morning walks...but not this year so far.  I want to, but my body hurts so bad w/in 5 minutes into the walk.

I am getting new shoes.  I am looking at a pair from Avia they are like the Sketchers Shape Ups only half the cost and just as much good reviews from nurses that are on their feet 10-12 hours a day/night.  So in a couple weeks I am getting those to see if they alleviate my pain issues and allow for more comfortable walks.

So what is so different about this journey with HCG from my past trials.


  1. trying new shoes
  2. journaling or in this case blogging details
  3. doing weight and measurements of all areas not just a couple
  4. weighing daily...which something I quit due to my struggles with eating disorders
  5. only 500 calories of allowed foods
  6. using HCG drops
  7. eliminating products we put on our bodies daily not realizing how bad they are for us.
  8. Not eliminating salt or sugar entirely from my diet
So this journey is set to officially begin Sunday April 4th...why because we are so close to family gatherings where there will be lots of food to help on loading days which is the first 2 days of this plan.  Called P1D1 and P1D2 (phase 1 days 1 and 2).  By the time I get home from these days I will be ready to hit up Phase 2 and let the getting down to business begin.  In the meantime I will be doing posts on various things I have read and discovered that I hope will help me on this journey and in turn if you come across this will help you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment