Ticker

Calorie Counter

Monday, March 29, 2010

Water Info

It is very important to drink LOTS of water!!  Chances are if you are overweight you are dehydrated.  I already drink water mostly so this isn't a huge challenge for me.  I have my days though that I just can't muster drinking even a sip.  Spring Water is recommended...The last choice is distilled water. Never drink tap water as it is loaded with chlorine, fluoride, and other contaminates.  I use to be one to say that bottled water was nothing more than tap water sold at outrageous prices....BUT I am learning that just isn't so.  I have found since going to bottled water I have no issues getting in at least a gallon.  Since I am over 200 lbs I should be drinking at least 2 gallons, but am happy if I drink one.

Drink approximately one gallon of water per 100lbs to help flush things out, ideally with coral calcium.  I only do this with my first glass of water of the day about a tablespoon.  I start my day before I get going with at least 2 glasses of water.  Calcium supplementation has been shown to have major health benefits and increase weight loss.  Carbonated drinks block calcium absorption and lead to nutritional deficiencies. They adversely affect digestion and the pancreas. They clog the liver and lymphatic system. These should be avoided.

Drink water, tea, freshly made juice, or coffee...no sweeteners especially artificial.  Stevia or Truvia is the only recommended if you must have some sweetness.  It is a calorie-free herbal sweetner.  I have heard of people that just can't drink water for their reasons and add some lemon and stevia to it.  So whatever works.  

Drink Green Tea. Ideally, drink a minimum of one cup per day. Organic green tea stimulates cleansing of the cells, increases metabolism, and helps regulate hunger as well as help keep up your energy.

Limit Ice Cold Drinks. Drinking beverages that are very cold slows metabolism and actually increases hunger. These should be limited or avoided altogether. If you are drinking your one gallon of water per day, and several cups of  recommended teas (green tea, smooth move, yerbe mate) , you should have no need or desire for any other beverage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment