100g ground steak, 1 tomato, 1/2 c water or broth, 3-4 cloves minced garlic
Seasonings (to taste): 1/2 t onion powder, 1/2 t oregano, 1/4 t cumin, 1/4 t black pepper, 1/4 t cayenne, 1/4 t basil, 1/4 t thyme
1. Preheat pan over MED heat.
2. Add minced garlic and 1 T of the water/broth to pan.
3. Saute 2-3 mins. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add more water/broth as necessary.
4. Increase heat to MED-HI.
5. Add ground steak and saute until brown - about 5 mins.
6. Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 mins. Continue to add more water/broth as necessary.
7. While that is cooking dice 1/2 of tomato and place other 1/2 in food processor or blender to puree.
8. Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of broth.
9. Turn heat down to MED-LO and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.
TIP: Mix all spices together in a small bowl so I can add them all at once.